Belhaven Lobster Risotto
Created by Donny Hughes
Ingredients Serves 2-3
• 600ml lobster or fish stock*
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• A large knob of butter
• 1 large onion, finely diced
• 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
• 2 sticks of celery, finely diced
• 200g risotto rice
• 1 glass of dry white vermouth and 1 glass of sherry
• Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 300g cooked lobster meat
JUST BEFORE SERVING THE RISOTTO
• 70g butter
• A splash of Extra virgin olive oil
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• Handful of leaves of fresh parsley, chopped
Put the olive oil and butter into a pan, add the onion, garlic, celery, and cook slowly for 15 minutes without colouring. Add the rice and turn up the heat. Stir for a minute, coating the rice, then add the vermouth and sherry – let it bubble to cook out the alcohol and stir it through the mix.
Now add a ladleful of the hot stock and a pinch of salt. Turn down to a simmer and keep adding ladlefuls of stock, stirring and letting each one be absorbed before adding the next.
After about 12-15 minutes the rice should be soft but still have a very slight bite.
At this point turn off the heat and add the cooked lobster meat, butter, olive oil, chopped parsley and squeeze of lemon juice. Stir through then put lid back on the pan and leave to let the residual heat melt the butter and develop the flavours for 3-4 minutes.
Remove the pan from the heat and serve.